Friday, October 28, 2011

Kosher coffee cake cupcakes and recipe link

Blogger Tori Avey at The Shiksa Blog has baked up these coffee cake cupcakes, and has the recipe. As a huge fan of coffee cake, especialy the swirl of deliciousness, I think these look amazing. She writes:

I love streusel toppings and fillings, so I use a pecan one here. If you’re not into pecans, you could substitute walnuts. Sour cream adds terrific moisture to coffee cake, and I’ve found that lowfat Greek yogurt makes an almost perfect low calorie substitute. You can use either in this recipe. Oh, and I like adding some almond extract, a flavor trick I learned from a German coffee cake recipe. You can substitute vanilla if you prefer.

Other than that, I think these Coffee Cake Cupcakes are pretty self explanatory. They are awesome. Soft, moist, with a crunchy streusel topping and a beautiful glaze. You’ll love them, promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment