Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Trick or Treat spicy chocolate cupcakes

These trick or treat cupcakes are by blogger Chocolate Teapot, where you can get the recipe, more photos and detailed instructions on how to make them.



I love the "trick" part:

The idea behind the Trick or Treat Cupcake is simple, with most of the cupcakes being 'normal' chocolate cupcakes. But beware ... some of them are not as they appear, they have finely minced chillies added to the mix for an added kick. In my batch of 18 cupcakes there are 6 tricksey ones to look out for, of course you won't know you have one of the tricky ones until you bite into it. Not all tricks are nasty ones though and so the chillies that I've added have been candied first, they still have all the heat of the chilli but they have a bit of a sweeter side to them too. I was hoping to be able to use my own home grown chillies but they are still ripening up on the plants so I had to resort to store bought chillies, to candy them check out my Chilli Lovers Hamper post (which also has a recipe for Lemongrass and Chilli White Chocolate Truffles!)

No comments:

Post a Comment