Thursday, May 6, 2010

Michele and I are Getting Uncork'd in Las Vegas

Thanks to some clever marketing, the thought of someone using the food as an excuse to go to Las Vegas seems like the punch line to one of those "what happens in..." commercials, but thanks to Vegas Uncork'd, that's exactly why we're here.

Held May 6-9, at six different resorts over the four-day Mother's Day weekend, Vegas Uncork'd is becoming one of the country's top food and wine events. As you probably know from reading about my prev
ious trips, I'm a huge fan of Las Vegas in general, and the city's food in particular, so I jumped at the chance to cover the event.

There are over 30 events planned, including a Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace, where 50 of the city's top restaurants and chefs will show off their offerings to an estimated 5,000 foodies.

As usual, I will be collecting recipes, taking photos, and will post a recap upon my return. Charlie Trotter, Bradley Ogden, Wolfgang Puck, Bobby Flay, and Cat Cora are just some of the chefs I hope to speak with, and if things work out, win money from.

In addition to updates here, if you want to follow along on Twitter, I'll be providing play-by-play, or rather bite-by-bite coverage over the course of the weekend. Stay tuned!


We're Huge in Estonia! Who Knew?


I'm always tickled when I hear from fans in far off places, like Annika in
Estonia. Apparently, our recipe videos are quite popular there, although I'm sure the mustache has a lot to do with that.

Annika reports the country's biggest fan is her boyfriend, Rigmor, who's celebrating his 30th birthday tomorrow. Happy birthday! You sure look a lot older in the picture. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment